Thursday, July 21, 2011

Manufacturing in the Philadelphia area increased more than expected in July.

As many of you might be aware Dan The Metalworking man resides in Philadelphia.
Most of the time I am seen drinking a Brewsky and getting my hands dirty creating masterpieces in Metal.
However, every so often I throw on a Tux and say no to the Brewsky and ask my good bartender to mix me a Gin and Tonic.  Today is one of those days!!!
Do you know why?  Because Manufacturing in the Philadelphia area increased more than expected in July.
That means more Metalworking Men like Dan are working and making things.  Maybe we are on the road to recovery after all?  Makes me want to go out and spend a fortune on some Baileigh Industrial Equipment I have been waiting on.  http://www.lighttoolsupply.com/catalog/Baileigh

Anyway, if you care to read up on mfg. in Philly read below.
Right now I am going to sit back and enjoy my good old Gin and Tonic.
http://www.foxbusiness.com/

Weekly claims for unemployment benefits rose to 418,000 from a revised 408,000 last week, according to the Labor Department, a higher number than the 410,000 economists had expected.
The labor market has been a major focus after the monthly unemployment report for June showed dismal job growth.  Additionally, claims have been stuck above the closely-watched 400,000-level for several weeks. 
Manufacturing in the Philadelphia area increased more than expected  in July.  The Philadelphia Federal Reserve's survey of business conditions rose to 3.2 from -7.7 on the month, topping estimates of a reading of 2.  Readings above 0 indicate expansion, while those less than 0 point to contraction. A regional report by the New York Fed had come in below expectations earlier in the month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment